As we go into the new year, these are my wishes--that:
1. You begin every thought and sentence related to social/behavior change with the words, "Lower barriers and increase benefits (or facilitators);"
2. You give up your addiction to awareness and messaging;
3. You take some time to plan rather than jumping to tactics;
4. You remember to evaluate what you are trying to do;
5. The world will understand that social marketing is not communication, and is not social media;
6. That the global social marketing association will flourish
7. We all, in the midst of our serious and important work, remember the joy.